63 Anything Under the Sun: Cool Stuff - Widget Attack Cool Stuff - Widget Attack, Anything Under the Sun” /> Cool Stuff - Widget Attack - Anything Under the Sun

Anything Under the Sun

Friday, October 12, 2007

Cool Stuff - Widget Attack

I'm quite a newbie when it comes to blogging (comparatively). Yes, it might surprise you, since I have 5 blogs. But I just started in July 07.

I'd like to thank everyone who had complemented by blogs and had given ideas and suggestions. But I'm not sure how to reply back to them.

Well, once I got a suggestion to add some widgets - compliments of Blogcatalog. Until then, I'd never heard of widgets. (Thought they were some sort of gadget.)

So I scooped out Blogcatalog widgets and now have "Recent Viewers" in most of my blogs. Nowadays, I always like to look out for cool widgets to add to my site.

The other day, I came across a widget website while surfing. When you look at my side bar, you will see "Sponsored Links" and this is the widget that I got from WidgetBuckets.com. I think that it looks super. At least it beats Googles Adsense. Rather than just having static words to describe a product, there's a whole list of products and a corresponding picture.

Its very simple to get one. Just sign up - Its Free!
Then put in your details about your blog ...Tada... New Widget!
More great news - When you sign up, you get $25 Bonus to your account.

Its easier to get a widget if you are using Blogger or TypePad as compared to Wordpress. I'm using Blogger, so after I've completed my details and clicked on the Blogger button, I was directly sent to my Blogger login. Then I was asked which one of my blog that I wanted to add the widget. After I chose the correct one and clicked, the adjustments were made and I got that Great looking Widget in my side bar.

WidgetBuck.com is based on referral system. So if you like to join in, Please click on the button below. (Every referral counts)

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Another cool widget is the one by Maps amung us. On my side bar, you will see a world map with lots of hearts. Yeah, each heart denotes a viewer to the site.

The website to check out is whos.amung.us. No set up or registration is needed. There are many different types of widgets available. I personally liked the map widget so I chose it for my blog.

If any of you have come across other cool widgets, do share it with me by submitting a comment to this post. I'll then link to your blog in this post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Don Williams from My 2 cents 4 the day for giving me the information on more cool widgets.

Do check out these widgets too!

Another really cool widget is Geobisite. Its like the map 'among us,' but shows an animated globe of your choosing.

Clik the globe and it will give you a list of where everyone is coming from. When someone is active the spinning globe pulsates the location.

You can check out mine on my blog, My 2 cents 4 the day

Another widget is 'How much is my blog worth?" Just enter your blogs name and it will tell you how much your blog is worth in advertising potential a year - Cool!

You can find it here: http://www.business-opportunities.biz/projects/how-much-is-your-blog-worth/

Another new widget that you might have seen is the Blogrush widget. It will help you get more readers to your blogs. A lot of blogs on BlogCatalog have it. You can get it here:

http://www.blogrush.com/r41415887

The Hunger Site

The Child Health Site

Oceana: Protecting the World's Oceans

Varb For Me



Recipe Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory











Labels: , ,

posted by Bubbles at 8:34 AM

3 Comments:

Hi, great blog and great widgets. Another really cool widget is Geobisite. Its like the map 'among us,' but shows an animated globe of your choosing.

Clik the globe and it will give you a list of where everyone is coming from. When someone is active the spinning globe pulsates the location.

You can check out mine on my blog.

Another widget is 'How much is my blog worth?" Just enter your blogs name and it will tell you how much your blog is worth in advertising potential a year - Cool!

You can find it here: http://www.business-opportunities.biz/projects/how-much-is-your-blog-worth/

So, best of luck with your blogs. I love the graphic on this one. Very nice.

October 16, 2007 at 8:06 PM  

Another new widget that you might have seen is the Blogrush widget. It will help you get more readers to your blogs. A lot of blogs on BlogCatalog have it. You can get it here:

http://www.blogrush.com/r41415887

October 16, 2007 at 9:33 PM  

Super blog!!!

JJ :D

October 18, 2007 at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home